Relationships are two way streets, give and take, and a true partnership. They’re all about love, and trust, and laughter, and time together. With all of life’s busy-ness, stress, work, kids, and other distractions, it’s easy to lose focus on your relationship and putting it first. Here are 5 simple things you can do to make your partner happy.
Simple Things You Can Do to Make Your Partner Happy
– Organize doing your partner’s favorite activity, even if it’s not something you personally want or like to do. If he loves football, set up a flag/touch game. If she loves gardening, take her to a flower show. If he likes to golf, rent a cart and take him out for 18 holes, doing your best to keep up. If she enjoys reading, take her to a book signing to meet her favorite author. By showing interest in something your significant other loves, they’re likely to return the favor.
– Set up a date night and watch romantic movies together. Pick some classic, old black and whites or great romantic comedies. Stretch out on the couch or bed and make your house into a movie theatre with fresh popcorn, candy, and plenty of snuggling. Do this when they least expect it…and for no reason at all.
– Pamper your spouse, partner, or significant other with a special treat like a homemade dinner in the middle of the week, an hour-long massage (with lotion, oil, and relaxing music), breakfast in bed, having the kids take care of chores they wouldn’t normally do, or simply by letting him/her sleep in. A little extra attention goes a long way and the indulgence will win you big points.
– Never take them for granted. This may seem pretty obvious, but with all of life’s road blocks and obstacles, couple can lose track of what they do for each other. Thank him/her for the simple things. Garbage doesn’t take itself out. Dishes don’t wash themselves. Groceries don’t magically appear and clothes have to be cleaned and folded. Thank you partner for everything they do…even the small things. Always let them know how important they are.
– And the best thing of all. The one that should be the most obvious. It’s a simple thing…and a real no-brainer. Start and end every day with three simple words. “I love you.” These words cost nothing, yet mean everything. They should be said without hesitation or trepidation. You lose nothing by saying it, yet gain everything. Say it randomly, when least expected, and it will make your partner’s day.
Misha Anatolia writes about love and marriage and enjoys a happy ending. If you are engaged and planning a bridal shower, then be sure to check out Misha’s articles on bridal shower gift ideas and other bridal shower topics.
Your Work Is Art – Autograph It With Brilliance!
I received a massage today and it is always wonderfully relaxing – but it was even more so today. I go to a particular spa near my house where Jenny has worked with me/on me for years. She is extremely gifted as a massage therapist, she knows the human body, she is skilled at different types of massage and she receives regular training to improve her skill. While all of this knowledge is important, it is just being in Jenny’s presence that makes a distinctive difference! Jenny has a calming demeanor, she remembers my preferences and has the lighting in the room just like I like it. Jenny treats me like I am the most important person to her the entire time I am with her. She always asks how I’m doing, often has recommendations for foods, various health professionals and what I can do to better care for myself. She even asks about family or various things or events in my life.
Some people paint, draw or sing for a living as an artist. Jenny is an artist of the heart who happens to bring her angelic presence to the people who entrust their bodies to her care. Jenny is doing what she loves and loves what she does and it shows. I feel Jenny’s love for her craft and me as she works out the tightness in my shoulders. I sense her sensing what my body is saying and she allows this knowledge to guide her actions.
For some reason, I was overwhelmed with gratitude for Jenny and what a profound gift she is to me. She not only soothes my body but my soul as well. I wondered to myself what if more of us were doing what we love and loving what we do? What if we thought of our work as art? What if putting the needs of others first was the motivating driver in our lives? Can you imagine how our businesses would look AND feel?
Luckily there are more and more of us who are choosing for our work to be an expression of who we are within. That is certainly true for me – my clients are a gift to me and such wonderful teachers. I am in awe of the privilege to share in their lives as well as their businesses. It is my hope and prayer that your work is your calling and that making a difference is more important than making money.
May we all have a Jenny in our lives and more importantly, may we be a Jenny to someone else.
Your work is your art-autograph it with love and brilliance!
Jennifer Whitaker is a Business Strategist and Executive Coach with a lifelong passion for helping people to discover their unique brilliance and reach their highest potential. With over 25 years of experience in a blend of counseling, management and ownership positions, Jennifer understands first-hand the unique dynamics of high-performing cultures. Using this foundation of experience, she empowers and supports her clients in discovering their unique inner brilliance that yields outstanding results in life and work.